Saturday, July 24, 2010

Knitting...with Group Support

Although knitting is rather solitary, comfort and confidence come when knitting with others. Dear friend, DJRM, taught me basic knitting last summer. Since then, I've completed a few scarves and dish cloths.

Navy Marine Corp Relief Society provides baby seabags for new borns in the hospital here. I took the 'lesson' and started on the baby afghan for the future son (it's blue) of a navy person. After ripping and restarting several times (hours upon hours and I learned early never to knit while watching soccer), I attended a knitting/crochet session this morning. Knowing I had made an error, it was so much easier to rip, count 157 stitches, knit, count again with guidance from a patient volunteer and in the presence of others who were in various stages of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment