Friday, July 23, 2010

Visitors!!!!

What fun to have guests! Flint and I look at it as a huge gift to us when people are willing to take the time and make the arrangements to visit us. These guests happen to be living in Germany now, but the story goes back many years to another continent.

Carole and I met when I moved to Taegu, South Korea, my first year with DoDDS. We hadn't seen each other in eighteen years  when she and Tony visited us. What fun it was to pick up after those years and show them a portion of our bella Sicilia! Flint and I look forward to more visits with not as much time in between.

(BTW, this blog is driving me crazy. I can't get the pics where I would like them to be. This is just a small part of our adventure.)



Small portion of the presepi in Caltagirone...movement, lighting, detail


Sampling caffe gelato (Catania)

Entering Caltagirone

Don't the New Yorkers look at home in Siracusa, sister city of Syracuse in their home state?

I
Vespa (Siracusa)
Carole, the artist, points out an architectural detail to Tony (Siracusa)

A bit breezy, but perfect for laundry

Our day ended at the new mall near the airport. We dined at the Old Wild West.

No comments:

Post a Comment