Friday, November 18, 2011

Seventh Entry: Life with Art


The best way to know a country and a culture is by traveling in the rural areas. Darkness had settled over the countryside by the time we reached our destination, but we were met warmly by our gracious hostess. Being an artist, she has created a whimsical, happy, and hospitable world.




Delicious food...salad, polenta, pickles, cheese and wine...

Random thought:  I chuckle when people say they love polenta, but won't even taste grits. After checking internet sources, the answer is that they are basically the same...just different types of corn.)


Upstairs with regional clothes and linens
-a very nice collection
(Please note the creative shelving.)


My new friend-a sweetheart who kept me warm during dinner
Random thought:  When JP first saw me, he said, "AJ, you
need to color your hair. You're not all wrinkled yet!"  As of today, the
experiment continues although when I told Flint that I was getting
my hair cut yesterday, his words were, "Are you going to get
it colored, too?"  Hmmmmm.......


Yard art: The sidewalks, house foundation and more were decorated like this. It almost made me want to
break our dishes when I returned home! I mentioned this to my dear friend, D'J, and told her that her colorful
dishes would be much prettier than my rather plain ones. She informed me not to use her name and broken
dishes in the same sentence!
Our entrance

The goat-contributor to the meals-enjoying the morning


Excellent breakfast on served on traditional pottery


With our lovely hostess and creator of this fantastic place

No comments:

Post a Comment