Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"I Am Not a Writer" Disclaimer

Just for the record, I don't consider myself a writer, nor did my English composition professor at Louisiana Tech. Doing her postgraduate work at Purdue, the class heard something about it every day. I often wondered why she didn't stay there as it was so perfect, but she had returned to her roots in Ruston. MFB, or MBF, and her marks all over my paper did NOT succeed in making me a better writer...at the time, I think they just hurt my feelings.

At this moment, 50% of my blog followers are English teachers with postgraduate degrees and great respect from me as a former colleague of both. This intimidates me a bit. However, my Atlanta buddies, DAB and RR, encouraged me in this endeavor. My plans had been to call whatever I wrote "Snippets." When I used the term 'rakins and scrapins' in my mother's way, they fell out and said that should be the name. Since DAB is a WRITER and has earned his living by writing, I knew I had to go with that. Thank you, DAB and RR!

No comments:

Post a Comment